WE WANT ALL OUR ARTISTS/BANDS
TO FEEL SAFE AND SECURE.
THAT'S WHY WE HAVE T&C's..
AND, ITS ALL IN PLAIN ENGLISH AND NO MUMBO JUMBO
so everyone is Happy!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Artist will receive a copy of the Artist Contract within 21 Days of the label receiving the signed copy of the Artist’s Agreement.
2. Once the Artist/Band has signed the copy of the Agreement the Artist will adhere to the contract terms and conditions of the Record Label (These are shown in the next section of the agreement)
3. Artist will be submitting all materials including Tracks, Photos, and Gig information for the label to submit on its website and social and media outlets.
4. Difference Records Holds the rights to the Artist’s contract and is owned by the Label (Difference Records).
5. Failure to pay outstanding monies could result in legal action being taken by the Record Label
6. Artists requirements
1. Artist’s must turn up for any scheduled events and will be use an app called ‘Time Tree’ that will be run by the Label, to schedule them.
2. The Artist will be required to produce Five Original Songs within 2 years (24 Months)
3. The Artist will make sure that each song has been listened to by the label before any work on the track gets underway. This will be without exception.
Contract Term of Agreement.
1. The Contract will detail the following: Date of Signing, Duration of Contract (including any clauses), Artist’s entitlements and Label Requirements.
2. When a Contract of schedule of events is scheduled, this will be tailored to each artist, this must be adhered to at all times including: Gigs, Events, Radio interviews.
3. The Label may ask for the Artist’s to collaborate with the Producer and other artists
4. The Contract will detail what is expected from the Artist and what they can expect from the Label
2.1 The Label will ask for Bank details (Sort Code, Account Number) so that any royalties that are received for any Single/Album the artist’s has sung on can be paid to the artist.
2.2 All royalties will have 20% commission owed to the label that will be deducted from the Artist’s Royalties.
2.3 Royalties will be paid to the Artist’s on a 3-monthly basis, (On the last day of the month unless it falls over a weekend, then it will be the Friday)
1. Bands/Artist’s will need to set up a business account for Tax Purposes)
2. Commissions can only be paid if royalties are paid to the Label
2.6 The Label has a right to withhold Royalties if any of the Terms &Conditions of the artist’s agreement are breached.
Signing the Artist agreement means that they understand the Royalties section and is a legally binding contract.
What the artist can expect from the Label.
· 25 years of music experience, both off and on stage
· The Label will produce all music that is created by the Artist’s/Bands
· All Music produced will be expertly mastered and released through streaming and downloads via various websites and mediums.
· A quarterly report on the performance on any Tracks that have been released.
· Management of the Artist including Gigs, appearances, interviews and Tours.
All Above services are subject to change.
Artist/Band will NOT disclose any part of the labels; ‘Business plan’ or their ‘Artist’s contract/Agreement to anyone other than a legal representative.